Stadium Ground Rules
Photo: RFU Archive
- Any person who enters the Stadium (including the outer concourses) at Rugby Road, Twickenham (“the Stadium”), all car parks operated by the Rugby Football Union (“the RFU”) (whether or not owned by the RFU) (“car parks”) or other property owned or controlled by the RFU in the vicinity of the Stadium (together with the Stadium and the car parks “the Ground”) is admitted only on the basis of these Rules and by entering the Ground shall be deemed to have accepted these Rules.
- Any person who enters the Ground is liable to be searched by a police officer or servant or agent of the RFU and the RFU reserves the right to refuse admission to, or eject from the Ground, any person who declines to be searched.
- The RFU, its servants or agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage, including of or to any vehicle or its contents in any car park or to any person who enters the Ground caused by the RFU or its servants or agents:
- (i) in circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by the RFU or any of its servants or agents; or
- (ii) in circumstances where such a loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury as a result of a breach of a legal duty of care owed by the RFU, its servants or agents); or
- (iii) to the extent that any increase in loss or damage results from breach by you of any of the terms of admission of these Rules.
- All vehicles shall be parked within car parks in accordance with instructions communicated by the RFU, its servants or agents. The times during which the car parks are open will be set out on the relevant car park pass issued in relation to the event. Admission of vehicles cannot be guaranteed later than 90 minutes before the advertised commencement or kick-off time. The time of commencement of exit of vehicles from the car park is not guaranteed. The exit will vary depending on safety and security issues and on any directions from the police. Unless otherwise advised to the contrary, the car park will be open on the day following the event from 10 a.m. until 12 noon for the removal of vehicles. The erection of any awning, gazebo or similar construction is not permitted in any car park. In the event of adverse weather conditions parking arrangements may have to be changed.
- Any person using a glass bottle, glass receptacle or can within any car park is responsible for its safe use and disposal.
- The construction or use of any type of fire, naked flame barbecue or liquefied petroleum gas device, for cooking or heating, is prohibited within the Ground.
- In the Stadium no unauthorised person is permitted on the playing or performance area (i.e. the pitch and its surrounding grassed area together with the emergency vehicle routes lying between the grass area and the stands) and no person may remain in a gangway, entrance, exit or staircase at any time.
- Admission to the Stadium is only by the entrance shown on the ticket cannot be guaranteed if the ticket holder arrives at the Stadium less than 30 minutes before the advertised commencement or kick-off time.
- Only a person specifically authorised in writing by the RFU is permitted within the Ground to offer for sale or distribute without charge any item or article whatsoever which, for the avoidance of doubt, includes the sale or distribution of tickets. No charitable or other collection within the Ground shall be undertaken save with the specific authorisation of the RFU. Evidence of such authorisation must be displayed clearly (and in the form stipulated by the RFU) by those carrying out such authorised collections.
- Any person entering the Ground must comply with the lawful directions of any steward or other servant or agent of the RFU.
- The RFU shall be entitled to refuse admission to, or to eject from the Ground, any person whose behaviour or conduct could in the reasonable opinion of the RFU constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to spectators or other persons.
- The RFU reserves the right to refuse admission to, or to eject from the Ground, any person who in the reasonable opinion of the RFU, its servants or agents, makes or incites any form of racial abuse, chanting, gesturing or behaviour.
- Unnecessary noise or behaviour likely to cause confusion or nuisance of any kind including, without limitation, foul, abusive or offensive language, is not permitted within the Ground.
- In order to comply with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985, admission to the Stadium will be denied to ticket holders carrying alcohol or any article, or part of an article, capable of causing injury to a person struck by it, being a bottle, can or other portable container which is for holding any drink, and is of a kind which, when empty, is normally discarded or returned to, or left to be recovered by, the supplier. Where admission is refused in such circumstances, no money will be refunded.
- Glass bottles, glass receptacles, cans, pyrotechnics, flags on sticks or poles which stick or pole measures more than 1.5 metres in length, or any other item which, in the reasonable opinion of the RFU, its servants or agents, could be used as a weapon or cause a nuisance to others, are not allowed within the Stadium. All promotional, commercial, political or religious items of whatever nature, including but not limited to banners, signs, symbols and leaflets are prohibited and may not be brought into the Stadium unless authorised by the RFU.
- A junior aged 15 years or less must be accompanied by his/her parent or guardian or other adult who is responsible.
Juniors, aged between 6yrs and 15 years, will on most occasions be seated in the lower tier, however dispensations will be given by the RFU for middle and upper tier seats to be made available for specific events.
A child 5 years and under and his/her accompanying parent or guardian or responsible adult, must be seated in the Lower tier and Enclosure seating areas as specified by the RFU.
All children over the age of 2 will require a valid event ticket.
Babes in arms may only be admitted with specific authorisation of the RFU.
Pushchairs or prams will only be allowed into the seating bowl for particular events, at the discretion of the RFU.
- Except for photography for bona fide private non-commercial uses, the possession or operation of recording or transmission equipment of any kind is prohibited within the Stadium. This includes without limitation photography, filming, audio or other recording or transmission, or the compilation or transmission of data, save with the specific authorisation of the RFU, such authorisation is hereby given in respect of photography for bona fide private non-commercial use unless and until the RFU notifies otherwise. Private single lens reflex (SLR) cameras will be allowed in the Stadium providing they are not equipped with a lens of such a size that it may cause a nuisance to other spectators.
- No person is permitted to throw any object or projectile within the Ground.
Photo: RFU Archive
- Climbing onto or into stands, buildings, fences, structures or fittings within the Ground is prohibited.
- Drinks purchased in the Ground must not be taken out of the Ground.
- Animals or other livestock are not allowed into the Ground save with the specific authorisation of the RFU.
- Smoking is permitted on the North, East and West ground level concourses only. Smoking is prohibited within the seating bowl and in the enclosed areas of the middle and upper tier concourses. Smoking is also not permitted on the South ground level concourse as this is an enclosed concourse and as such smoking is illegal.
- The RFU reserves the right for the Stadium Director or Event Day Safety Officer as its agent and without prior notice to revoke or vary any of the Rules with immediate effect if this is considered necessary on public safety grounds. Any such revocation or variation of the Rules will be displayed as soon as practicable at all RFU offices, the Stadium and car parks and, if appropriate, other entrances.
- The RFU shall be entitled to refuse admission or re-admission to, or to eject from the Stadium or the Ground, any person who does not comply with these Rules.